Powered by Netflix, fast.com estimates your current download speed.
The website is free — whether you’re a Netflix subscriber or not. It will track your mobile or broadband connections and help customers pinpoint the cause of streaming issues.
Our advice: If you aren’t getting the speed they pay for, you should talk to their internet service provider.
Available globally, fast.com is a new powerful tool to check your internet speed to learn whether your ISP lives up to what they promise with their offering or not.
“Fast.com measures your personal Internet connection at any given time.”
- What you need to know about fast.com:
Fast.com estimates your current download speed. You will generally be able to get this speed from leading internet services, which use globally distributed servers.
- Download speed is most relevant for people who are consuming content on the Internet, and we want fast.com to be very simple and fast.
- Fast.com is a simple-to-use way for consumers to estimate what speed their ISP is providing. It is not a network engineer’s analysis and diagnostic suite.
- To calculate this estimate, Fast.com performs a series of downloads from Netflix servers.
- Fast.com will work globally on any device (phone, laptop, or smart TV with browser).
- We want our members to have a simple, quick, commercial-free way to estimate the speed their ISP is providing.
- If results from fast.com and other speed tests often show less speed than you have paid for, you can ask your ISP about the results.
Also worth checking: speedtest.net