Updated: November 6, 2016
With the Japanese investors behind the $200-million Aeon, it’s now Cambodia’s largest shopping mall in the heart of Phnom Penh. It’s the probably world class mall the city has. You can find Major Cineplex by Cellcard, the biggest cinema complex that’s equipped with VIP screen and 4DX cinema.
It’s the first mall where you can only find genuine brand-name products. Of course, there is a US$2 store that has all things Chinese made products.
It’s where Cambodians can experience and feel the taste of capitalism.
— uamumagoya (@uamumagoya) June 30, 2014
You can escape from the heat and dust of Phnom Penh by roaming or sitting in a fully air conditioned mall. So Aeon is more or less one of the most comfortable places for window shoppers.
5. Khmer people from across Cambodia can start learning how to wait in line to test the most convenient rest rooms, designed for women, men, and even toddlers. This is probably like when the Sorya Mall was first opened to Cambodian customers. The lift and elevator were the most attractive things people want to touch.
6. Most visitors are impressed by the decorations and design. High class.
7. With an average of 100,000 visitors a day since it opened, it outnumbers the total number of visitors at both Sorya and Sovanna shopping malls combined. Sorya and Sovanna malls are considered luxurious malls by Cambodian standard, too.
8. Shoppers don’t need to use their bargaining skill at all. What you see is the last price. While bargaining is common among shoppers in a city like Phnom Penh, the rule in Aeon is simple. Price tag is there. How do you bother to bargain. The rental fee in the mall isn’t cheap. The stall owners have to share their profit with the mall operator.
9. Despite the four-story mall sits on 100,000 sq m off can house 1,400 cars and 1,600 motorbikes, it doesn’t always welcome visitors in luxury vehicles. You can find the sign of ‘No Parking & Come back later’ space surrounding the mall area.
10. As the mega-mall targets the 20 to 30-year-olds, it targets Cambodia’s largest populations.
11. It’s new. And new is always better. Cambodian people love everything new. New mall. Good!
12. It doesn’t matter whether your pocket is empty, Aeon Microfinance is there to provide the best customer service in term of personal loan.