In the 1990s, roads that link major cities and provinces in Cambodia were really bad. During the rainy season, the flood also cut off those main roads. Today, it’s easy and cheap to travel across Cambodia by bus.
So, if you’re looking into how to get around Cambodia by bus, this is the page for you.
How to Get Across Cambodia by Bus
The best and cheapest way to get across Cambodia is by bus (soon by train). With improved roads, you can get between major towns and cities by bus without hassle. Bus routes are increasingly available to Cambodian and foreign travelers. More bus operators also offer competitive prices and services. To avoid getting scammed, you should try the online ticket aggregator BookMeBus.com.
You can get from one province to another easily by bus (comfortable, free WiFi). Traveling by bus is usually an affordable way for a long distance trip. It’s also the best way to explore and experience your travel with the locals. Popular choices among travelers are either air-conditioned buses or speedy express minivans (small price different).
Bus Routes in Cambodia, to/from Vietnam and Thailand:
- Battambang to Sihanoukville
- Siem Reap to Sihanoukville by bus
- Phnom Penh to Kep by Bus
- Sihanoukville from Phnom Penh
- Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh by Bus
- Bangkok to Siem Reap by Bus
- Phnom Penh to Siem Reap by Bus
- Phnom Penh to Battambang
Bus Schedules and Routes
BookMeBus is one of the most trusted bus-ticket booking website (as also featured in the Lonely Planet Cambodia guidebook). You can find long-distance bus trip like from Ban Lung to Siem Reap and some cross-border trips. You can quickly check the bus route and and schedule below and instantly book your tickets online.
Some bus operators like Giant Ibis also provide online booking, making it easy for most passengers.
There are many bus operators offering day and night bus trips. Not all of them are offering the best bus travel experience every traveler can expect. These are some of the bus companies operating in Cambodia.
Many of them have their offices in major cities like Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville, and Siem Reap:
- Giant Ibis: is the most luxurious bus operator offering high class seats and services. Therefore, its bus ticket price is more expensive than others. A one-way ticket from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap is $15.
Bus Routes and Schedules (departure times) of Gian Ibis buses:
- Phnom Penh – Siem Reap | 08.45am | 09.45am | 12.30pm
- Siem Reap – Phnom Penh | 08:45am | 09:45am | 12:30pm
- Phnom Penh – Kampot | 08:00am | 14:45pm
- Kampot – Phnom Penh | 08:30am | 14:45pm
- Phnom Penh – Sihanoukville | 08:00am | 03:30pm
- Sihanoukville – Phnom Penh | 08:30am | 03:30pm
- Phnom Penh – Ho Chi Minh | 08:00am | 12:30PM
- Ho Chi Minh – Phnom Penh | 08:30am | 12:30PM
- Phnom Penh – Siem Reap Night | 11:00pm | 11:30pm
- Siem Reap – Phnom Penh Night | 11:00pm | 11:30pm
- Siem Reap – Sihanoukville | Night Bus | 08:30 PM
- Sihanoukville – Siem Reap| Night Bus | 08:30 PM
- Siem Reap – Bangkok | 07:45 AM
- Bangkok – Siem Reap| 07:45 AM
- Kep/Kampot – Sihanoukville | 08:30 AM | 12:30 PM
- Sihanoukville – Kep/Kampot | 09:00 AM | 03:30 PM
- Phnom Penh – Kep | 08:00 AM | 13:30 PM
- Kep – Phnom Penh | 08:00 AM | 13:30 PM
Bus Companies in Cambodia
Mekong Express, Phnom Penh Sorya Transport, Capitol Tours, Virak Buntham, GST Express, PSD Xpress, and more. BookMeBus has partnered with these bus operators.
Destinations in Cambodia You Should Visit
- Is it safe to travel from Thailand to Cambodia by bus? – Quora
- Is this the best way to travel across Cambodia? CNN
- Everything you need to know about your travels across Cambodia and Southeast Asia
- Cambodia Bus Schedules and Companies – Canby Publications
- Getting around Cambodia by bus – Lonely Planet
- Bus Transportation in Cambodia
- Best Bus Companies in Cambodia
Bus tickets purchased through links to BookMeBus generate affiliate a small commission for us.