Getting a job in Cambodia?
Getting a job in Cambodia can be a bit more challenging
Getting a job in Cambodia can be a bit more challenging than in some other countries, as the job market is relatively small and competition can be high. However, with some persistence and a little bit of luck, you should be able to find a job that suits your skills and interests.
How to get a job in Cambodia?
Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Research the job market: It’s important to have a good understanding of the job market in Cambodia before you start applying for jobs. Research the types of jobs available, the qualifications and experience required, and the salary ranges for different positions.
- Networking: Networking can be crucial when looking for a job in Cambodia. Reach out to people you know who have experience living or working in the country and see if they can connect you with potential employers. You can also join professional or expat groups on social media or in person, this can be a great way to connect with other people who may be able to help you find a job.
- Improve your language skills: English is widely spoken in Cambodia, but being able to speak Khmer will help you stand out as a candidate and can open up more job opportunities. If you’re planning to stay in Cambodia for a while, it’s a good idea to invest in some language classes.
- Be flexible: The job market in Cambodia is not as developed as in other countries, and competition for jobs can be fierce. Be open to different types of jobs and be flexible about the hours and conditions of the job.
- Use online resources: There are a few online job boards and recruitment agencies that are specific to Cambodia, where you can find job openings in different fields and apply to them. Some popular sites are: Cambodia Job, Job Khmer and Job Cambodia, etc.
- Consider volunteering: If you’re new to Cambodia and don’t have a lot of experience, you can volunteer at a local organization to get your foot in the door. This will not only help you gain valuable experience, but it will also help you build connections in the local community.
The job market in Cambodia may change depending on the current situation and economic conditions, so it’s always a good idea to stay updated about the current situation and read about it as much as possible before making a decision.
Are you looking for a job in Cambodia? Here’s a list of job websites that you can browse and get latest job announcements. In addition to dedicated job websites, there are also newspapers that run job advertisements. These job websites advertise hiring commissioned by the employers looking for Cambodian nationals and expats.
We’ve got you covered: tech, IT, and software development jobs.
Khmer Online Jobs
The user interface of this online job site is very simple. You can easily browse the job categories (listed alphabetically) easily. This Cambodian job site is relative new, but has a very comprehensive listing.
Seize the opportunity This online job site has been around for about half a decade. It’s getting easier to browse over the years. In Khmer language, Pelprek means ‘Morning’. This may means that every morning you get new job updates on Pelprek.com. Like other Cambodian job sites, Pelprek.com is also a recruitment agency. So you can either go to the website to find new job announcements or post your CV (Curriculum Vitae) or Resume. Visit: https://pelprek.com/
Bong Thom dot com
Since the early 2010s, Cambodian people have been familiar with BongThom.com. It’s probably the first Cambodia’s job website to find new job announcements, paid by employers to hire their best candidates and talents. The Bong Thom dot com (bongthom.com) is a pretty much a simple Internet site for jobs, classifieds and other services for Cambodia. You know what? Bong Thom literally means Big Brother. So if you need information about getting a good job, visit this Big Brother. Visit: https://www.bongthom.com/
The Phnom Penh Post
Both of Cambodia’s English-language newspapers also have a lot to offer when it comes to job announcements. These two media outlets have their dedicated section for jobs in Cambodia, especially Phnom Penh.
CamHR helps companies and organizations to hire new talents in Cambodia. CamHR’s online listing has a few thousand jobs available.
Also a human resource consultant company, the Phnompenhjob website has a good listing of latest job openings for locals and expats.
Difficult to find a new job when in Cambodia? This website allows you to post your CV or resume. Job Cambodia website also connects employers with potential employees.
wants to build a better future where technology creates good jobs for everyone. It’s “a job platform that connects employers and employees at their convenience. You can find a dream job, create a CV and apply directly and easily on Jobboom. Free Register. Create & Download Your CV.” At the time of reviewing, there are a few thousand positions available on Jobboom.
The Workingna website and mobile is for both job seekers and employers. Like others on this list, Workingna aims to simplify hiring for most employers. Currently, the website still maintains a small database of job applications.
Work opportunities in Cambodia
Cambodia has been experiencing significant economic growth in recent years, and as a result, there are various work opportunities for both locals and expats. Here are some of the industries where you may find work opportunities in Cambodia:
NGO/Non-profit sector: There are several NGOs and non-profits operating in Cambodia, and they often require people to work in areas such as education, health, human rights, and community development.
Hospitality and tourism: Cambodia is home to many beautiful tourist destinations, such as Angkor Wat, and the country’s hospitality and tourism industry is thriving. You may find work opportunities in hotels, resorts, restaurants, and tour companies.
Education: There is a high demand for English teachers in Cambodia, especially in Phnom Penh, and other major cities. You can find work opportunities in international schools, language centers, and universities.
IT and technology: The IT industry in Cambodia is growing, and there are many start-ups and tech companies operating in the country. You may find work opportunities in software development, web design, and IT consulting.
Manufacturing and garment industry: Cambodia’s manufacturing industry has been growing rapidly in recent years, with garment production being one of the major industries. You may find work opportunities in factories or in areas such as logistics and supply chain management.
It is important to note that work opportunities in Cambodia may be limited, and many jobs may require specific skills and qualifications. It is advisable to research and network with people in your field before seeking work opportunities in Cambodia.
How about jobs for expats in Cambodia?
Expat.com Jobs in Cambodia
Focused on expats and travelers looking for a work in Cambodia, Expat.com’s Cambodia job section is one of the best job websites. Teaching jobs in Phnom Penh of Cambodia is very popular.
Good to Know
Software developer jobs in Cambodia: The highest paid jobs for software developers can start from $2,500.
If you’re a native English teacher and interested in landing a job in Cambodia, you should check out some of the top international English schools’ website for the opening vacancies.
Facebook Pages and Groups: In Cambodia, the social networking site is as a popular as Craiglist for job announcement and listing. Therefore, you should not overlook those for job openings.
As startups have their unique way to hire talents, you may not find many on these major job sites.