Cambodia, for the first time in its history, is hosting the 2023 Southeast Asian Games (Khmer: ការប្រកួតកីឡាប្រជាជាតិអាស៊ីអាគ្នេយ៍២០២៣). The 32nd Southeast Asian Games, or Cambodia 2023, will be the 32nd edition of the Southeast Asian Games. The game of the region will be held from 5 to 16 May 2023 in Cambodia. Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Preah Sihanouk (Sihanoukville), Kep, and Kampot.
SEA Games 32 is Cambodia’s national pride
Key highlights: the first SEA Game to happen in the heart of Phnom Penh
- The current campaign to promote the SEA Games as Cambodia is the home is this simple yet powerful message: #BeyondTheGame, hearts beat in sync.
- The slogan and theme is “Sport: Live in Peace”
- Before Cambodia is Vietnam, which passed the torch of hosting the popular competitive sport among Southeast Asian countries
- The participating nations in the 32nd SEA Games (aka Cambodia 2023) are the following: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Timor-Leste, Thailand, and Vietnam
- The first SEA Game was launched in 1959, when Thailand was the first nation to host it.
- The mascot for the tournament was revealed to be two rabbits in red and blue Cambodian uniforms (the male rabbit’s name is Borey and the female is Romduol, the represent Cambodia’s national flower).
- More than 40 games played with more than 7,000 athletes will be competing in the tournament of the region.
- Kun Khmer and Muay Thai
How to watch SEA Games
To watch the Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games), you can check the schedule of events and find the broadcast channels in your country that will be airing the games. In some countries, the games may be broadcast on national television or via streaming platforms such as YouTube or Twitch. In other countries, you may need to purchase a subscription to a sports streaming service to watch the games. You should also check the official website or social media accounts of the SEA Games for updates on how to watch the games.
Beyond the Games
Beyond the Games is a dynamic campaign that seeks to promote Cambodia as a premier destination beyond its role as the host country for the Seagames and ASEAN Para games 2023. Our primary objective is to highlight Cambodia’s rich cultural heritage, fascinating history, diverse cuisine, and other unique offerings.
Cambodia has a lot to offer beyond sports, and we want to showcase its numerous attractions to the world. From its awe-inspiring ancient temples to its vibrant modern cities, there is something for everyone in Cambodia. Our campaign aims to inspire travelers to explore all that this beautiful country has to offer, including its beautiful landscapes, welcoming people, and exciting festivals.
Also good read: