How to get from Phnom Penh to Battambang? It’s now convenient to get to Battambang from Phnom Penh and vice versa by buses. It takes about 6 hours. The one way bus ticket is under $10. There are many way to go to Battambang from Phnom Penh and vice versa, ranging from car-sharing (known for Cambodian as taxi), private mini-van, company-run mini-van, and buses. However, I’d recommend that you to take buses for such a long distance trip for your comfort and safety.
Battambang is one of Cambodia’s most civilized towns after Phnom Penh capital. The town itself is not as crowded as Phnom Penh and Siem Reap’s, but it is not a quiet city either.
How to Get from Phnom Penh to Battambang by Bus
With dozens of bus companies operating via this route, you can easily find a bus ticket at bus stations or at bus tickets counter near Boeung Chhouk market. In addition to that, online service like bookmebus.com has made it easier. With BookMeBus, You can arrange your trip at your preferred time and budget. Night bus is also available for trip from Phnom Penh to Battambang and vice versa. The Cambodia Post VIP Van is a favorite as its mini vans are quite comfortable comparing to others.
- Price: 5$ – 9$ (up to 10$ for night bus)
- Duration: 6 hours
- Distance: 290km (go through these provinces): Kandal, Kampong Speu, Kampong Chhang and Pursat)
How to Get from Siem Reap to Battambang by Bus
To get to Battambang from Siem Reap (vice versa), you can easily get a short distance bus. This comfortable bus trip would save you some money than by taking a boat trip. Unlike the bus trip from Battambang to Sihanoukville, you can really enjoy the beautiful scenery of rural Cambodia when traveling by bus. In addition to taking a bus option, you can also get to Battambang from Siem Reap by boat (link below). Read on to learn more about the best way to travel between Battambang and Siem Reap by bus.
To Siem Reap from Battambang by Bus
- Distance: 162.6 km via National Road 6 and National Road 5
- Duration: About 3 hours
- Bus ticket price: Under $10
- Buses: Cambodia Post or Mekong Express run everyday (morning and afternoon)
It’s possible that your hotel or guest house receptionist can help you get a bus ticket. But you can also book your bus ticket online. An online service like BookMeBus allows you to book instantly for the Siem Reap to Battambang bus trip. Usually, you can get better deal through the online booking system. Comparing to traveling by boat, the bus ride to Battambang from Siem Reap is one of the cheapest, fastest & safest ways for most travelers and locals.
Battambang: Cambodia’s Less Known Beauty
Battambang is a province in the north west of the Kingdom of Cambodia. Battambang has a large town in Battambang city. Battambang is bordered on the north by Banteay Meanchey Province to the east by Siem Reap Province and Tonle Sap Lake to Pursat Province to the west by Pailin and Chanthaburi (Thailand). Battambang Province is one of the provinces of the Kingdom of Cambodia, which has a large area of land with natural treasures and ancient cultural heritage. Many ancient temples overlooking Phnom Tuol and these submerged areas are potential tourist attractions.
Places to See in Battambang?
Battambang is an amazing province to visit. It should be on your itinerary for travel if you want to see some of the most beautiful, not so much mentioned place to visit of Cambodia.
- Phnom Sampov mountain (cave with millions of bat)
- Bamboo train
- French colonial architecture
- Khmer traditional (ancient) houses in Wat Kor Village
- Ek Phnom temple
- Phnom Banan mountain and temple
- Grape farm
- Other natural resorts (Kamping Puoy basin, Prek Toal Bird Sanctury, Wat Damrey Sor (White Elephant Pagoda), Prasat Sneung temple, Sek Sork stream (natural resort)
What to Eat When in Battambang?
- Nem (raw fish mixed with spices wrapped in banana leaf)
- Sangvak (grilled grinded fish)
- Kralan (Bamboo sticky rice)
- Mi Kola (mix of noodle, egg, nut, fish source and pickle)
- Battambang orange fruits (very popular among Cambodian people)
- Locally grown grapes
More bus routes across Cambodia:
- Phnom Penh to Kep by bus
- How to Get from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville by Bus
- Travel Cambodia by Bus
- More travel experience from fellow travelers: Taking the boat from Siem Reap to Battambang, Cambodia
Bus tickets purchased through links to BookMeBus generate affiliate sales for us.
Written by Sothoeut