It’s now convenient to get to Battambang from Phnom Penh and vice versa by buses. It takes about 6 hours. The one way bus ticket is under $10. There are many way to go to Battambang from Phnom Penh and vice versa, ranging from car-sharing (known for Cambodian as taxi), private mini-van, company-run mini-van, and buses. However, I’d recommend that you to take buses for such a long distance trip for your comfort and safety. Battambang is one of Cambodia’s most civilized towns after Phnom Penh capital. The town itself is not as crowded as Phnom Penh and Siem Reap’s, but it is not a quiet city either.
How to Get from Phnom Penh to Battambang by Bus
With dozens of bus companies operating via this route, you can easily find a bus ticket at bus stations or at bus tickets counter near Boeung Chhouk market. In addition to that, online service like bookmebus.com has made it easier. With BookMeBus, You can arrange your trip at your preferred time and budget. Night bus is also available for trip from Phnom Penh to Battambang and vice versa.
- Price: 5$ – 9$ (up to 10$ for night bus)
- Duration: 6 hours
- Distance: 290km (go through these provinces): Kandal, Kampong Speu, Kampong Chhang and Pursat)
Places to See in Battambang?
Battambang is an amazing province to visit. It should be on your itinerary for travel if you want to see some of the most beautiful, not so much mentioned place to visit of Cambodia.
- Phnom Sampov mountain (cave with millions of bat)
- Bamboo train
- French colonial architecture
- Khmer traditional (ancient) houses in Wat Kor Village
- Ek Phnom temple
- Phnom Banan mountain and temple
- Grape farm
- Other natural resorts (Kamping Puoy basin, Prek Toal Bird Sanctury, Wat Damrey Sor (White Elephant Pagoda), Prasat Sneung temple, Sek Sork stream (natural resort)
What to Eat When in Battambang?
- Nem (raw fish mixed with spices wrapped in banana leaf)
- Sangvak (grilled grinded fish)
- Kralan (Bamboo sticky rice)
- Mi Kola (mix of noodle, egg, nut, fish source and pickle)
- Battambang orange fruits (very popular among Cambodian people)
- Locally grown grapes
More bus routes across Cambodia:
Bus tickets purchased through links to BookMeBus generate affiliate sales for us.
Written by Sothoeut