How to get to Kep from Phnom Penh by bus? There are times when you want to escape Phnom Penh during the weekend to spend a good time a sleepy town like Kep. If you don’t want to drive by yourself, you can also take a bus (for under $10). Getting to Kep (Krong Kep) from Phnom Penh by bus is an enjoyable experience than by a taxi (or private car), especially if you’re traveling with young kids.
Also popular bus route: bus trip from Battambang to Sihanoukville
From Phnom Penh to Kep by bus?
- You can book a bus ticket for a trip from Phnom Penh to Kep directly, no stopover in Kampot.
- There are many fast buses running from Phnom Penh to Kep several times a day. This means that you can schedule your departure time easily.
- As bus companies compete for customers, they now offer comfortable, basic air-con buses to deluxe air-con buses with entertainment, snacks and onboard toilet. Good price, too.
- The main road from Kampot to Kep is now in good condition.
- Duration: approximately 3 hr 30 minutes
- Distance: 2 h 55 min (145.9 km) via NH 3 and 31
Get a bus ticket to Kep?
If you’re planning trip from Phnom Penh to Kep, it can be easier to schedule your trip ahead. Also, these days you can quickly book a bus ticket on the Internet.
- Departure time: morning (7:30AM; 9:30AM), noon (12:30PM), afternoon (2:30PM)
- Buses and mini vans that run to Kep from Phnom Penh: Champa Mekong, Phnom Penh Sorya, and Cambodia Post. Each bus company has their own boarding point. It may depends on where you stay, you can decide to go which bus station that is very close to you. You can find more information about these boarding points here on the BookMeBus website.
- Price: $8
Why should I go to Kep?
These are some best places to see, eat, and stay when you’re in Kep:
Places to see:
- Kep National Park
- Koh Tonsay
- Wat Kiri Sela
- Kep Beach
- Sothy’s Pepper Farm
- Kep Butterfly Garden
- Coconut Beach
- Wat Samathi
Places to eat:
- Crab Market
Bus tickets purchased through links to BookMeBus generate affiliate sales for us.